Saturday 25 April 2009

Last big run before race day

25/04/09 I had planned on a 14 mile run today, but it was a really nice day, if not a little hot. So i decided to do 17 miles which is made up of a 10 mile loop, then my 7 mile loop. I felt pretty good for most of the run and although it was quite hot, there was a nice breeze blowing of the ocean. This is the last big run before the Belfast City Marathon on Mayday Monday the 4th. I will now taper my training and probably rest for two days previous to the race. I have to go up to Belfast next weekend to collect my race numbers and timing chip. The official charity of the marathon set me out a nice bright yellow breathable vest top which I reckon I'll wear on the day. Gonna take it relitively easy the rest of the day and do a little stretching later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment