Monday 25 May 2009

24 paseos de la bici de la milla

Monday 25th may. Off work today, so my pal Stevie C and I went for a nice bike ride. 12 miles out to Portaferry where the Ferry takes cars and passengers to the other side of Strangford lough. We stopped long enough to have the traditional banana for energy, a photo (as attached) and then the 12 miles back again over the hilly course home. We managed to beat my previous PB of 1hr 39mins, and came in at 1hr 3omins 46secs. As you can see in the photo, (which was taken on my phone by a man in his car who was in waiting for the ferry) there was some considerable fog across the bay. Fortunately, it stayed there and didnt travel over to our side. Our trip a few evenings earlier had been cut short due to a heavy fog. All said, it made for a nice cool journey though. I have been so used to running and cycling by myself, now I have someone who can come along on some of my runs and cycles, keep pace and is good company to boot. Cheers Stevie C!
PS...young Stevie C is fluent in Spanish and has agreed to try and teach me!....Hence the post title.

No comments:

Post a Comment