Saturday 23 May 2009

So you wanna be a record breaker??

Saturday, 23rd May. I had a notion of a run after dark today. I was getting quite impatient about it and really wanted to get going. the day had been overcast and the thought of a run in the dark, cool night was very appealing. However, late in the evening the sun broke through, clouds dissapated, and a beautiful evening revealed itself. That was it. I had to get out. I set out for a 7 mile run. It was warm, not to much in the way of a breeze, but a beautiful night. The sky full of colour and felt good. As soon as I had done about 1/2 a mile I decided to break my PB. I widened the stride and pressed on. my breathing quickened and heart beat raised considerably, I pressed on. I kept it up for 4 miles, then started to feel very tired so slacked off a bit, but kept a good pace. I done this for about a mile and a half then stepped on it again. once more the breathe quickened, heart raced and my legs complained a bit. I felt like slackening off so much, but grimaced, and pushed on. anyway...my 7 mile pb has been 54min 50secs......NOW, it's 50 mins 10secs!!! Yehaa. that's almost 7 minute miles. Gonna go and lie down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment